Shortly after my Granit X-Plus Mini 54 U-Lock review, ABUS sent me their GRANIT City Chain 1060 X-Plus to test out. I have to give ABUS two monstrous thumbs up because they have impressed the hell out of me with their lock technology… especially with this gorgeous and intimidating chain lock.
The 10mm hexagonal hardened steel chain links are cut proof and the X-Plus cylinder is built like an anvil to thwart off striking (e.g., hammer + ice spray), cutting, drilling, picking, and corrosion. At 85cm (2’8″) in length, it’s quite easy to lock up both your bike and wheel of choice… or a second bike if your buddy forgets his/her lock. The fabric sleeve is securely fitted on each end of the lock so you don’t have to work about it moving out of place, and having the links scuff up your paint job.
Like the previous lock I tested, the key for this lock inserts and turns smooth as butter… even in frigid and wet conditions. This 4.6lb chain lock fits conveniently in your courier bag without compromising your needed space. Or you can simply wrap the chain around the seatpost for quicker access.
I absolutely feel 100% confident with the security level of this beastly chain lock, and I highly recommend it to all those who love their two wheels like I do.
• 10mm hexagonal chain with fabric sleeve to prevent damage of the bicycle’s paintwork
• ABUS Power Cell Technology* offers highest protection against hitting and pulling attacks
• ABUS Power Link Technology* offers a direct locking of the chain to the Power Cell and increases its effect
• Interlocked lock body cover to protect against brutal opening methods
• The chain, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking body are made of special hardened steel
• ABUS X-Plus cylinder for extremely high protection against manipulations e.g. picking
• Two keys are supplied with the lock, one LED-lighted
• Automatic keyhole cover against dirt and corrosion
• ABUS Code Card for additional or replacement key